Let our elite coaches pass on their years of knowledge to your club’s coaches.
The best coaches learn from more senior coaches, passing down valuable insights and methods to players.
Each Coach Support Program consists of a chalk and talk session as well as an on-field practical session.
Below is just a snapshot of what we cover in our coaching development sessions.
Discussion points may include:
- Why do you coach Aussie Rules? Know yourself
- The diverse role of a Local Team Coach
- Expectation of a Local Team Coach
- Requirements of a Local Team Coach
- Develop yourself as a coach
- What is coaching? Work towards your own philosophy
- Understanding / Developing / Consolidating a coaching philosophy
- Philosophy of Age Specific Coaching
- Competencies of Age Specific Coaching
- Coaching Checklist
- Importance of Preparation
- Planning – Phases of the year
- Effective Coaching eg S.P.I.R method
- Winning vs Development?
- Importance of Player rotations
- Planning an Effective training session
- Game Day routine
- Post Game Review
- Providing Feedback – Players/Coaches
- Choosing a Captain