Dynamic Footy Skills coaching expertise also covers Girls football.
In 2011, DFS ran its first full day development session for Girls only featuring current St Kilda Development Coach, Peta Searle, as DFS Head Coach and a young Louise Stephenson as a participant, who has since played for the Western Bulldogs.
From these early beginnings DFS have continued to offer Girl specific programs. These programs include the Elite Summer Training, Masterclass Series, School Holiday and In-Club Development programs.
A key focus of the DFS approach for the the girls football is the provision of leading female coaches and role models. The coaches have vast experience in coaching junior football, including at TAC Cup level and within the metro championships. Also many have played at the elite level for the Melbourne and Western Bulldog football clubs.
Click here to view our current and previous coaches of DFS girls only squads.
Girls only development programs
The Skill Acquisition Session(SAS)
Through extensive consultation and collaboration with clubs, coaches and parents, we are very excited to have added the Skills Acquisition Session to the DFS line up.
Delivered at your local club, the SAS is designed to provide the players with the key fundamentals of the game and coaches with techniques and tips to fast track the development of their players.
Click here to download the SAS flyer.
The Elite Summer Training Program (STP)
Run as a part of our Elite Summer Training Program, our Youth Girls program is overseen by some of the most experienced junior coaches in Victoria.
DFS Youth Girls is tailored for young girls that are passionate about their footy and have the ability, ambition and desire to take their game to next level.
Click here to register you ‘Expression of Interest‘ for the Elite STP.
Check out some highlights video from our last Elite Youth Girls Summer Training program.
The Elite STP includes:
- 12 hours of elite level coaching
- First-hand footy insight from guest coaches, including AFL players
- Proven DFS skill-focused development programs
- Complete fitness testing from ‘AFL Draft Combine’ with tailored feedback
- DFS ‘Above the Shoulders’ Workshop with AFLPA Sports Psychologist
- Access to strength & conditioning and nutrition programs
- Exclusive access to online ‘player-coach assist’ facility
- Optional access to kicking video analysis
- Optional access to personalised strength & conditioning program
For more details contact Simon on 0404 995 096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org