Do you possess the ability, attitude and ambition to be the best you can?
Would you like to be mentored by elite coaches with TAC and Inter-League Rep experience?
If you answered YES, then the Elite Summer Training Program is for you.
This is AFL’s peak development program for young players, and offers U10 – U15 aged players the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of more than 5,500 players who have previously completed the program, including AFL up and coming young guns Brayden Sier (Collingwood FC), Nick Coffield (St Kilda FC) and Ned Cahill (Essendon FC).
“For young kids to enhance their performance. To me, I think this is a fantastic opportunity for them.”
– KEVIN SHEEDY, 4 x AFL Premiership Coach
The program offers your child all this:
- Become a faster, better player with skills-based development
- Develop tactical awareness with game sense training
- Get their ‘game brain’ together with the DFS ‘Above The Shoulders’ presentation with AFLPA sports psychologists
- Find out exactly where they’re at with individualised performance measurement using the exact same testing as the AFL’s draft combine
- Identify how to improve their kicking technique with an optional personalised video analysis and commentary from an AFL-level coach
- Focussed diet and nutrition advice, presented by DFS’s sports dietician
- Train alongside other talented and committed players of their own age in a rewarding and intense elite environment.
- The Junior Program, for players born between 2010-2012; and
- The Senior Program, for players born between 2006-2009
Both programs are held weekly and provide the opportunity to train alongside talented and committed players of your child’s own age in a rewarding and intense elite environment.
Check out what parents and players are saying about the Elite STP
Elite STP Program details
- Train with other highly talented and committed players in a rewarding and intense elite environment
- Access to AFL, VFL, TAC Cup and inter-league level coaches
- Access to elite-level strength and conditioning staff that can tailor optional programs for your needs
- Highly organised sessions using proven skills development drills and game sense activities
- Specialist coaching visits from current AFL stars
- Choice of 8 locations
- Train in your own age-specific group
- Train and tour at an AFL club
- Online learning modules
The 2020 Elite STP will be the 18th ‘off-season’ development program held by DFS.
Of the players who have participated in our programs;
– 835 have made their Inter-league representative squads
– 655 have trialed with TAC Cup development squads
– 65 have represented Victoria in the National Championships
The 2012, ’13, ’14, ’15’, ’16’, 17′, 18′ 2019 programs have included 5,500 talented junior footballers Tour and Train at the following AFL Clubs;
- North Melbourne
- Western Bulldogs
- St Kilda
During the previous 6 programs players and their families have been treated to key note speaking appearances from;
– Current St.Kilda Coach, Alan Richardson
– Former Gold Coast Coach, Rodney Eade
– Port Adelaide Premiership Coach, Mark “Chocco” Williams.
– AFL Legend Kevin Sheedy
– AFL Hall Fame Member, Terry Wallace
– AFLW Best and Fairest- Emma Kearney
– Darren Crocker- NMFC
– Jack Newnes- Carlton FC
– Josh Worrell- Adelaide FC
Elite STP Program Planner: Dates & Times
Plan your holidays well in advance and avoid any clashes with your Elite STP training sessions. If you do miss a session, don’t stress… You can complete a ‘make-up’ session at any other venue.
Training times. We anticipate that every venue will have the below training times.
In the case of any variations, we will contact each venue participant to inform them.
2011 – 2009 : 4:30pm – 6:00pm
2008 – 2004 : 6:15pm – 7:45pm
Dates. (These may be subject to change)
Video Kicking Analysis
This is a dual angle video camera analysis of your kicking action, completed by the DFS Director of Coaching, Adrian ‘Tala’ Talarico. Tala has completed over 990 DFS kicking analysis videos! The video link will be emailed directly to you, allowing you to access it anytime. You will also receive exclusive access to the DFS AFL player ‘model kicks’, to help you understand the exact areas that Tala mentions during your kicking analysis.
Xmas Training Program
This is an individual program designed for you by our Strength & Conditioning ‘gurus’, based from the results you achieve during the AFL Draft Combine Testing. Our ‘gurus’ have written over 580 Xmas training programs, specifically for DFS players. The program will focus on specific areas you want to develop, improve or maintain.
It includes a 6-week program, detailing week-to-week, day-to-day activities for you to perform during the Xmas break.
STP Strength and Conditioning Melbourne Cup Week
S’n’C session (Elite STP, Melbourne Cup week)
This is a 90 minute Strength and Conditioning session, at each of the STP locations. Sessions will be held during Melbourne Cup week (Nov 3rd – 7th), as there is NO skills training during this week. Our S’n’C gurus have designed this program, which will focus on the physical attributes required to play at the elite level.
During the 2013, ’14, ’15 , ’16, ’17, 18 and 19 programs, over 750 players completed this optional session.
Registrations open AFTER the commencement of the 2020 Elite STP.
Elite STP Draft Combine Athletic Testing
Each players is eligible for 1 testing session at a venue of their choice. There is no extra charge for this as this is inclusive in the Elite STP registration fee.
This session gives players a chance to complete the same AFL Combine testing that are performed by AFL draft hopefuls at the National AFL draft combine.
Results will also assist the DFS Strength and Conditioning coaches when completing each players Xmas training program. Xmas training programs are an optional extra for players. (Please click on the ‘Xmas Training Programs for full details).
AFL players talking about the DFS STP
SAM GRIMLEY (Former Hawthorn and Essendon FC Player)
BEN LENNON (prior to getting drafted to Richmond FC)
2020/21 Elite Development Programs
ELITE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Elite Pre-Season Training Programs (PTP)
The Elite PTP is designed to have each player in peak condition before Round 1.
The 2021 Elite PTP will be held between February and April.
The PTP includes:
- 4 x 2hr training sessions, incorporating Game Sense and body on body training, specific strength & conditioning and open skills training.
- 1 x AFL draft testing session. (Held during the 1st Term School Holidays)
- 1 x Match Day Finale. (Held during the 1st Term School Holidays)